Quite recently and unexpectedly, while I was busy doing some tasks, I heard the Lord say, "Tell them that it is time to WAKE UP!" There was an insistence in His tone that spoke of deep concern. His thoughts unfolded in my mind quickly.
Sleeping Too Much in the Physical and the Spiritual
People sleep too much in the natural for various reasons. Some sleep too much because they are tired. Some of that could be physical, but often much of it is emotional. The same is true in the spiritual. Some people sleep too much because they are so depressed or anxious that they don't want to get out of bed. The same is true in the spiritual. Some people sleep too much because they are comfortable. The same is true in the spiritual. Some people sleep too much because they see little else to do with their lives. The same is also true in the spiritual.
However, the Word says in Romans 13:11-12, "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to AWAKE OUT OF SLEEP: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light."
Truths that Will Motivate Us to Wake Up
We need to wake up, rise up, and put on our weapons of light! We need to get on with the assignments that the Lord has given us! The Lord spoke to me some compelling truths that will motive us to WAKE UP!
1. It is a strategic time in history. There is a battle for the souls of men that is intensifying, and God is raising up a powerful army. It is no longer about a few generals, but it is about a whole generation of fire-starters, miracle-workers and love-carriers. Don't miss this time in history! It is your season!
2. You were born for this! As a son and daughter of the most high God, you have been sent into the world as His ambassador, representing Him in all you do.
3. You are needed. Every part of the Body is extremely important. God did not make a mistake in how He made you. If you are absent, something will be missing.
4. You have the power of the Holy Spirit inside of you. One of the tragedies of life is when a person wastes their potential. What greater potential could you have than the potential of the One who is inside of you? Through Him, YOU can make a difference in a person's eternity through sharing the Gospel. YOU can see a dying person healed. YOU can see an emotionally bound person set free. YOU can start a fire through God's mighty works in a city. Don't waste it!
5. We have the final victory. The good news is that our great Father, Commander, and Friend ALWAYS leads us to triumph. You are on the winning side, my friend!
6. He is the Healer of every wound. You may feel tired by life's stresses, or you may have been wounded in the battle. Yet, Jesus said, "Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find REST for your souls" (Matthew 11:29).
Don't try to carry it all by yourself. Join your life with Jesus' life. Lean into Him and depend on Him.
It's Time to Wake Up! People Need What We Carry
Some may need to spend much time with the Lord to see healing come. Some who have isolated themselves may need to join with the Body of Christ to see healing come. ALL need to forgive and move on. After all, there are people who need what we carry.
SO, then, WAKE UP! Wake up to who our mighty God is! He will not be defeated! Wake up to who you are as His son and daughter. Wake up to the needs around you. Wake up to the potential within you. The time is NOW!